Statement




The Wilderness -- My Backyard - All of Arkansas

Monday, March 19, 2012

Windy Day


The Wilderness has been very windy today. I had plans to go to the Old Mill in Lakewood to see if I could improve on my photo from last week but it was just to windy. In most of the photos you can see a dead branch but by taking it in "Portrait" style you can't see it.

I spent most of the day shooting in my backyard trying to get some good photos of birds and flowers but that didn't work so well either.  As you can see it was windy there as well.


I promised you a photo of the old house I shot in Star City.  I've not been able to work on it or anyother photos since I started this whole thing with getting up early and getting out before the wind gets a holt of the Wilderness and I can't do anything with it.

Arn't these nice.  The colors really show up--like I said in the old house photo I need to do something with the grass but other than that I think I can make a great photo out of it--Beautiful Skys.  I have a photo of this same house about 20 years ago.  It has a great story behind it and someday I'll tell you about it. 

Well its starting to get dark here and I guess I'd better get off; the birds are calling for me and I need to get some feed out for tomorrow.  I plan to shoot bird photos and that means I will have to get up early.  It seems the geese come over about 6:30 no matter what type of weather we have--- wind or not.   And then by the time I get out to the feeders the birds are ready to attack before I ever get sit up--but what they don't realize is I have a lot of patience.

Hope to see you out in the Wilderness.

No comments:

Post a Comment