Statement




The Wilderness -- My Backyard - All of Arkansas

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Spring is in the Air

This has been a very busy week for me.  This past weekend I had to go to Fayetteville which meant I had to miss the trip to the zoo made my my photo club.  So with in the next few weeks I need to go and take photos of the zoo animals.  Today would have been a perfect day what with it being cloudy and all but it has a damp feel to it and I don't want to have to shoot being bundled up. 

In the Wilderness popcorn trees, Wild Plums and Redbuds are coming alive.  The Dogwoods are just starting to bloom out.  The woods are just full of them and I'm so thankful I am were I can enjoy them.  This morning I noticed wrens building a nest in our old drain pipes just under the porch, I can't wait to see the babies.  Blue Birds are starting to build in the boxes out front and hopefully there are nest being build in the big 8 hole birdbox out front.  There's going to be all kinds of new life here before long.  Even the squirrels are busy at it.  Spring is a wonderful time of the year--one of my favorites. 

I must plan a trip up to the Ozarks.  With all the rain that we've had and will be getting over the next 3 days the waterfalls should be great.  If you've never been hiking it's something you must try.  There are several good hiking books out.  A good one I like to use is "Arkansas Dayhikes for Kids & Families" by Pam Ernst.  It gives a lot of information pertaining to the trail-like how long it takes and what to expect plus they are short trips which makes it better if you don't live in the area. There are lots of books with all kinds of information--Get you a notebook and start your own--everytime you go: list the time, date, weather, whats in bloom or not, what you see.  Over the years this will become very helpful information to you.  Anytime you are out driving around you should note in a notebook/calendar book information pertaining to the things you see--not only list them on the date you saw them but also turn to the date you think you should return to take photos of it.

Well, it's time for me to go hiking around the Wilderness in my area.  There is all types of flowers for me to take a photo of -- the Mayapples are in full swing.  Hope you have a great day out in your Wilderness.

No comments:

Post a Comment