Statement




The Wilderness -- My Backyard - All of Arkansas

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Rain! Rain! Rain! means Waterfalls

Rain!  Rain! Rain!  Will it ever Stop

I know what rain is good for besides the everyday use of it!  Waterfalls==at least to Tim Ernest.  He has published several books on waterfalls and in the springs goes and looks for new ones plus check on the hundreds of the ones he already has great photos of.  In April I will be attending one of his classes and I can't hardly wait to see what we take photos of.  He has for the last few years brought books to sell at our AOPC club.  If you like waterfall be sure and get one of his guide books showing you where some of the waterfalls are in the Ozarks.  Your money wont be wasted.


Tuesday while in Monticello I saw an old house with lots of flowers and a redbud tree which was just beautiful.  Its all I could think about last night and could not get any sleep.  I kept thinking about it over and over and finally at 6:30 I just got up and headed that way.  It was a good thing I did go early.  I got there before the wind picked up and got several good shots. It was a cloudy day but after about 8:30 the wind went to blowing so hard and with so many trees around the house and plus the flowers I'm sure my shots would have been blurrrr..d  If you know what I mean.

Tomorrow I will head for Fayetteville to see my 3 month old niece.  It will be the first time I've laid eyes on her and am really looking forward to seeing her.  

I told you that the "Wilderness" is all over Arkansas.  Hope you are able to get out and enjoy the WILDERNESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment