Statement




The Wilderness -- My Backyard - All of Arkansas

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Another Day

 
 
 
Today is Saturday and everything seems to be moving slow. Nothing seems to be getting done like I want it so that I can get some other things done that I've been wanting to do. The weather is not cooperating at all. I'm ready for Spring. Big Time. I know that all things have a season but I really need to live where the weather stays warm all the time; but, just think of all the things I would miss out on.
 

 
 







 Christmas decorations from my neighbors
 yard-night light with red candy canes



My new pond in January 2013









The birds are really flying around a lot lately and I've seen lots of squirrels running in the yard carrying nuts with them--you think they might know something we don't.  This morning the geese landed in the back pond and that is so unusual for them.  The geese normally go to the front pond because I think the man feeds them out there and not at the back one but today that was not the case.  For some reason they seemed to want to swim in the back pond. 

It was reported by one of my photography friend that the Swans have left Heber Springs and that's a shame because I was taking a group of folks to see them on March 2; but, it looks like we will be doing something else now.


This is the group that went to Jamaica.  As you can see there were quite a few of us.  We did a great job and I know there were a lot of folks who benefited from us coming over there.  We had 7 baptism and 49 bible studies.


 
Since I have returned from Jamaica. I have not been able to shoot any photos mostly due to the weather.  I bought a tent so that I could sit up in the yard and shoot at the birds but it has rained or sleeted nearly every day since or the temps have been in the 30s and 40s.  So whats a girl suppose to do.  I've trying to learn Lightroom 4 but so far I've not accomplished much.

Well I guess I'd better get off here I got to head for Searcy soon.  I hope you have a wonderful weekend in the Wilderness I know I will just as soon as the weather changes for the better.

Think positive! ! ! !

On March 9 my aunt and uncle will be celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary. I know they are going to have a grand party at there church and lots of people will be there--They deserve it. You'll never meet nicer folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment