Statement




The Wilderness -- My Backyard - All of Arkansas

Monday, October 22, 2012

All the Fall Colors



On Friday I went toward Harrison and around to Ponca and Boxley. The oranges, yellows and reds are bursting everywhere:



This is in the Maplewood Cemetary.  The colors are like this down every row.  Its beautiful and Jasper is the same way but then when you head further north mostly all you see is the yellows and a little red.  Its pretty but not what I expected. 

On Saturday, the Pioneers ( a group at my church) went to Mount Magazine and there was hardly any colors up there.  We could hardly believe it!






Today (Monday) I decided to go toward England, Scott, and Keo.    The color is there. . . . .





Guess what else I found not only color but a lot of Pelicans on the Arkansas River. I was able to get close to the river banks and get some pretty good shots. There was a large group of Pelicans (had to be close to a 75 or so)with a few egrets and coots mixed in.





Well I hope you have had has great a weekend in the Wilderness as I have! ! !

No comments:

Post a Comment