Statement




The Wilderness -- My Backyard - All of Arkansas

Monday, April 9, 2012

Lost Valley Trails

Sorry I've not posted in a while but we got guest from Mexico staying with us.  I have been able to get out into the Wilderness and see whats going on.  Most all the flowers have stopped blooming.  In the Wilderness I noticed that blackberries are blooming.  This must be what they call "Blackberry Winter".  Its to early for that but then its to early for most of the stuff to have bloomed in March.  Also the honeysuckle vines are loaded with blooms and I know they don't bloom till May.

I just read where Lost Valley Trails are now open to the public.  I hear complaints about the US Forestry burning a lot of land in the Ozarks and that the smoke can really get to you so if you have allergies or asthma you might take extra medicines.

I have lots of bird feeders out and on Friday I refilled everyone of them.  Two of them are the type that don't have covers so it is easy for the squirrels to get into them.  I used the last of my feed and just knew this would get the birds through till Saturday where I would have plenty of time to go to town to get more.  Sunday morning when I got up there sat a squirrel in each one of them and by the time I got home from church the feed was completely gone.  The feeders build to keep the squirrels out had worked but only small birds can get into them, the larger birds will have no feed for a week unless I go and get it which at this point I just don't have time.  Needless to say I was ready to kill some squirrels.   Our Mexican friends will be going home after Wed so maybe I can then.

The wind is still here and there is an overcast due to rain coming in tonight so this might pan out to be a good day for shooting in the Wilderness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment