Statement




The Wilderness -- My Backyard - All of Arkansas

Friday, April 13, 2012

VR Lens

Today has been a very windy day in the Wilderness.  I plan to go down south to shoot birds and/or flowers but that sure got missed up.  I've really been getting some good shots of late.  Its almost like the birds know I'm here to shoot a series of photo and they're all for posing.   I'm thankful for all the rain we've gotten of late and hope we will get more as the summer comes but it can sure miss you up when you have outdoor plans.  Because of the rain I've been reading a lot of my old photo books trying to learn more about Lightroom.  One of the things I read was that if you are using a tripod then you donot want to use a VR Lens unless of course you turn the VR off.  This lens is great if you are hand holding you camera but not if you are using a tripod.  I did not know this.  And yes I've been using a VR Lens and a tripod at the same time.  Guess what my photos are a little soft looking so I will not be using this combo together anymore.  I don't use this lens much but from now on I will have VR turned off.  WHY DIDN'T SOMEBODY TELL ME THIS BEFORE NOW.  I NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT THE MOVEMENT OF THE VR. 

A friend from my photo club called and we plan to have a meal together just before our 3rd Thursday meeting for this month.  It will be nice to talk to some who likes photography as much as I do. 

If things go as plan I will be heading south to take photos.  Hubby gone for the day and I thought it would be a good day to get out in the Wilderness to have some lone time since we had company for the past two weeks.  Everyone needs time to them self. 

The weather is suppose to be great tomorrow so I hope you are able to get out and do something you enjoy, something that is special to you.   Have a great day and enjoy the Wilderness whenever you can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment