Statement




The Wilderness -- My Backyard - All of Arkansas

Monday, May 23, 2016

Mother Nature

Nothing perks up a dreary workday like slipping out for a quick dose of nature, especially when nature is bubbling over with wildflowers.

Last week when we were on the Stoney Point Ranch' land wildflowers were everywhere.  There were several that I could not even name which tickles me because I will get to know them.  The problem is the hay will be cut first of June and with the wedding and everything else that's planned I may not get to take photos this year but there will be years to come. 

While I was out walking around on the land I notice these little bubble things on several of the plants While reading the paper my husband noticed a picture of this and said, "guess what-- those bubble things you been talking about are called "Spittlebugs or froghoppers" there a little bug that lives in there called a nymph that spit is for protection".  While I never heard of such but there it was in the paper.  Someone else was also curious about these bubble on this saw-toothed mountain mint plant only he was at Carl Hunter meadow garden at Pinnacle Mountain State Park.  To me that nymph looks like what we call a Wood-bug. 

Well I guess I'd better get busy there is lots to do but I just had to talk to you about the Wilderness.  I miss being out there.  Hope you get a chance to get outdoors and visit with mother nature some--there's no better place to be.  See Ya!  


No comments:

Post a Comment