Statement




The Wilderness -- My Backyard - All of Arkansas

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

MAPSYM

Wow! ! !   did I have a great time.  There's nothing like it for a photographer.  3 days of fun and excitement in Eureka Springs, AR.  It was great...  Meet old friends that you only know threw this group plus others who go for the same reason and making new ones.  On Friday night some of us went out and got burgers at one of the local restaurants.  The only fast foods restaurant there is:  a McDonald, a Pizza Hut and a Subway other than that--its sit down restaurants. Hashing over the last couple of years like young teenagers.  I love hearing about some of the things the others have tried, what equipment they've bought and what all they've gotten into--like I said we are like teenagers.   This is the only time we are probably willing on our own to stay up past midnight knowing our first shoot is at 7pm and then we are in classes until 5pm and then a 2 hour break till the next session at 7pm. and then we have a session at 9pm (with live models) until we decide to come back to the hotel that night and then Sunday's the same way it starts at 6:30am (a shoot down by the lake) Classes all day.  This day will last until 7pm.  Because I knew I would be so tired after the evening session and would not feel like driving for 4 hours I booked my room an extra day and boy was I thankful for that.  A few of us became ill on Sunday with colds manily having chills and sore thoats (I'm sure it was due to the wet/damp weather).  A few of my friends went home after lunch that day--mainly because they had to work or other plans for Monday but not me I wanted to stay for the entire thing.  The 4th class for the day was on Lightroom which was what I needed.  The teacher, Emily who was from Bentonville, was very good at explaining how to organize your files and how to set them up but she stopped a midget before I needed her to. Everyone wants to teach about Develope mode and I need more on Library mode.  My goal is to be good enought in Lightroom that I can teach it myself maybe I'll get to go to MAPSYM free would that be nice. 

Well, I guess I need to get off of here and go to work in Lightroom.  Besides its time for me to get out into the Wilderness and have some fun.  

No comments:

Post a Comment