Statement




The Wilderness -- My Backyard - All of Arkansas

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Never forget your extra equipment


Today I traveled to Garvin Gardens in Hot Springs.  I've been there before and had a splendid time and the flower/landscape was just out of this world.  Its really beautiful.  Several of the club members have been posting on Face Book and other sites how beautiful it was this year but with the cold and rainy weather I just have not made it there.  I decided at the last minute that I would make that trip since the weather was going to be perfect today(at least compared to what it has been).  Well when I got there I got out and scouted the area and felt pleased with what I saw.  First, I went to the chapel to began my photographing but there was a wedding going on so I turned and went down by the creek and thought this would be worth while.  I began to shoot and all of a sudden my camera died completely.  Not only could I not take photos but I could not even manually focus or shoot.  I never dreamed that my battery had died because I know a fresh one in before I left the house and no I did not have an extra one because I had my husband's bag and he never carries anything extra.  So I called Bedfords and talked to a sales rep who knew about Nikons and he said other than the battery he had know idea what it could be.  But I assured him that the battery had charged all night and was fully charged I was sure that's what the camera showed I just know it did.  Well he told me to bring it in to LR and he would look at it but that I would have to buy a battery because they no longer keep extras for D80 users.  I told him I would go home first and get a battery.

Well guess what when I walked into my bedroom there laid the "Battery" that I thought I had put in my camera.  I put the "fresh" battery in the camera and It worked fine except it still did not focus perfectly.  I took it to Bedfords and I think my censors are wearing thin something of that sorts.

It was a beautiful day.  It got of to the 70's I'm sure.  Spring has sprung and I want to be out in the Wilderness taking as many photos as I can.  I hope you will not let this pollen keep you in.

Come join me in the WILDERNESS.

No comments:

Post a Comment